5 Ways to Beat The Winter Blues
Date Posted: January 20, 2014
Well, here we are. The holidays are over, it’s freezing outside and there’s not a day off in sight. All you want to do is drink eggnog and eat turkey – but instead, it’s back to work. And it’s cold.
Welcome to the dead of winter.
Luckily, we have some tips on how to make this time a bit more interesting:
1. Warm Movies: The right movie can create the illusion of spring or summer. Add movies like Just Go With It, Jaws or any movie that takes places on a warm beach to your Netflix account. That spring break movie you watched as a teenager would probably work too. For some real fun, rent Jaws: The Revenge (also known as Jaws 4). It takes place in the Bahamas. Relax under your blanket with a Cola flavored electric cigarette while you mock the awful story, dialogue and slow-moving shark.
2. Polar Bear Plunge: If you feel like doing something more exciting this winter than watching ridiculous movies, grab some friends and take a Polar Bear Plunge. By jumping into the nearest body of freezing water, you’ll surely confuse Mother Nature. Call your friends, take lots of photos and post them online. It’ll be sure to heat things up. Just remember to bring a towel, blankets and someone responsible – you want to have a good time, not get hypothermia.
3. Exercise: Remember that New Year’s resolution to lose some weight this year? You may have already broken down and stuffed yourself with Oreos while watching one of those ridiculous movies. But, it’s not too late to get back on the right track. Don’t let that new gym membership go to waste. More exercise = more endorphins (they make you happy).
4. Take a Vacation: You probably haven’t used any vacation time this year (since it just started). Head to Hawaii, Jamaica or Miami – home of V2 Cigs. The Florida sunshine inspires us to make quality e cigs with more vapor and better flavor. It may inspire greatness in you too. Don’t forget to pack your ecigarettes – they’re welcome in most airports.
5. Move Away: Living in a cold location is a choice that all of us here at V2 Cigs did not make (yeah, we’re in Miami and we obviously love it). If you’d like to live in a land of year-round warmth and humidity, just move to the Sunshine State. We don’t even know what “dead of winter” means…
Did we forget anything? Tell us how you deal with the winter blues.