18+ to purchase
V2 is designed with you in mind. V2 is the leading e-cigarette brand, delivering genuine satisfaction with authentic flavors and unparalleled performance.
Vapor Couture Collection Vapor Couture is the original e-cigarette for women, inspiring an entire line of fashionable accessories.
V2 PROTM V2 PROTM is the world’s most advanced line of vaporizers, representing the ultimate in form and function.

What Nicotine Strength Should You Choose?

Date Posted: February 18, 2014

When you’re first making the switch to e cigs, the abundant options can be overwhelming; batteries, flavor cartridges, e-liquids and nicotine strengths are all available in several varieties. It’s like going into a liquor store for the first time… With so many choices, what’s a person to do?

nicotine strengthOne of the most common questions we get from new customers is, “What nicotine strength should I start with?” It’s a great question and today we’re going to have some fun answering it.

First, here’s some background. At V2 Cigs®, we measure levels of nicotine by percent, and label our products accordingly. When you see 1.2% nicotine strength on an electric cigarette flavor product, it means that the e-liquid or flavor cartridge you’re enjoying contains 1.2% nicotine in each puff; the other 98.8% consists of water, propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerin, and food-grade flavoring. You can view a full list of ingredients here.

To make it easy for you, we created this simple chart; just choose a nicotine strength that meets your preferences. If you’re not a drinker; don’t worry… This is just for comparison purposes.

V2-CustomChartForBlog

If you’re about to place your first order, picking up two extra flavors in different strengths will help you decide what works best for your needs. You can always go up or down, but if you don’t have options, you’ll be stuck…

Feel free to call the V2 Cigs Customer Service department if you have questions about nicotine strengths or want to know anything else about ecigarettes. We’re here to help!

13 thoughts on “What Nicotine Strength Should You Choose?”

1. Denis Plantlle says:

I think this article contains huge valuable information about E-Cigarett. This article can help by preventing risk and make the right choice about nicotine liquide..
    Truly its a nice job. Thank you for sharing with us.

1. frank shaknaitis says:

once you have an empty container, you can mix, for example, full strength with zero nicotine and get half strength. or other strengths as you choose

2. Chad says:

This is the best post I’ve read about nicotine strengths online. The graphic is freaking awesome!! Not only is the graphic useful it’s a little comical too. Great Job!

3. debbie says:

I was roughly a pack and 1/2 day smoker of Virginia slims, ultra lights and / or silver for over 15 years. For 10 years I smoked Salem lights. (menthol)

I was not able to totally replace analog cigarettes with the 1.2 nicotine strength, when I switched to the 1.8 nicotine strength, I found I no longer desired the REAL thing, and was able to go totally e-cig. (After trying several flavors, I settled on the Mint Tea)

I have found V2 to be a great reliable e-cig. I recommend the long manual battery, the portable charging pack (make sure they send the X-Long one) & 2 batteries. Also get the Lanyard. Since I got a lanyard I have not misplaced my e-cig or lost one.

Also have found the customer service to be great, when I had to return a couple of items. Fast & Quick.

This is what worked for me. Hope this helps someone.

4. Windy Doane says:

What about clothing for women? T’s/tank tops

5. Sandy says:

Your chart showing strengths compared to alcohol was very interesting. I have been a smoker for over 40 years and decided to give your E-Cigarette a try. I am proud to say that I currently smoke less than 1 pack per month! I use the 2.4% for the most part but my friend told me to just toss all of the cartridges into one big basket and pick one when needed, from 0% up to 2.4% to see if I can really tell the difference. I will give this a try as I only smoked a pack a day and think I am using too much nicotine. This chart has helped me to understand the strengths much better. I love the newsletter and look forward to the next one. Thanks for a great product! I was very simple to give up the real ones as well, and after 40 years of using real cigarettes, this is a real accomplishment for both myself and it says a lot about your products! Great Job!

6. Buzz says:

This is a good starting point. Keep in mind that different nicotine strengths DO affect the taste. So the “buy two different strengths” in the same flavor advice is very good. I started with V2s, and they got me off the nasty analogs. Thanks guys.

7. Ralph Armour says:

Good that you are doing a newsletter with info.

A suggested point you might stress for newbies. Seems a newbie can overdo it initially. When I called and asked, your people told me that the nic hit is a bit slower than a tobacco cig and it takes a while (or at least a bit of patience) when starting into E-Cigs.

I initially used a huge amount relative to how much I had smoked before – but once I knew the above, I slowed down and am enjoying your product at a reasonable rate now.

May I suggest that you folks make sure to let newbies know about that. I had myself floating on a cloud with nicotine overload at the start and thought maybe this would not work for me. All is great now that I understand how it works.

Placed a second order with some variety to try out – Formerly a purist, now I have a few coffee and sahara to use once in a while for variety.

The menthol and chocolate are now being enjoyed by my wife, a very light smoker. She flaunts her EX feminine “Bloom” model, extremely proud of it.

Keep up the good work. Your telephone crew are great to talk with and really helpful without pushing sales.

Ralph

8. Gina says:

Finally!! An explanation about e-cigarettes. Thank you.

9. Craig Steuart says:

Don’t forget you can combine two different strengths to “customize” your vapes, higher or lower as preferred.

10. Patricia says:

I disagree with the example of the 2.4% liquid. I smoked one pack of regular Benson & Hedges a day and the 2.4% came the closest to my flavor. It’s not harsh but pretty smooth all in all.

11. Samantha says:

While I appreciate v2 publishing a very informative article comparing the different strengths, I also would like to add that you should think about how often you wind up vaping as opposed to smoking. Some people enjoy the mere action of smoking, like myself. Being a pure outdoor smoker, I found myself vaping a lot more often than I would ever smoke traditional cigarettes, because i enjoy the action of smoking, especially because I do it in my house, so I wound up putting way more unnecessary nicotine in my system with e-cigs than with traditional cigs until I noticed it and adjusted my strength accordingly. so you might want to take this into major consideration when deciding which strength to choose: Do you find yourself “smoking” e cigs more often than regular cigs? Or if you are new to e-cigs, this question is impossible to answer, because you just don’t know, so asking yourself how much you truly enjoy smoking, or the action of smoking, might be helpful when trying to decide. I think some people that switch to e-cigs wind up permanently raising the nicotine levels they put into their system without realizing because of this. Even though e-cigs are much healthier compared to traditional cigarettes, nicotine on its own still raises health concerns because of possible adverse side effects you may not even notice! I really hope this helps some of you when trying to decide which strength to choose!

12. Agirl37 says:

OMG V2!! Thank YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE! These are exactly like smoking the real thing, and I know my experience is not typical, but the 1st time I tried your product (I bought the 1.8% “Red Tobacco” flavor disposable at my smoke shop) I quit smoking immediately. At 1 and 1/2 packs of Marlboro Lights a day for 24 years, I was beginning to hate myself. My skin was saggy, I developed a yellow stained patch under my right eye (from the way I smoke, the smoke would drift up), I STUNK, I felt like crap ALL THE TIME, yet still I could NOT quit. In fact, I was increasing my amount steadily each and every year. Your product has not only changed my entire life, but I don’t have to give up the act of smoking, which I LOVE! I am now 4 days on the V2 and 4 days OFF the cigarettes. For any of you who just began with the disposable, let me tell you that the non-disposable V2 delivers a MUCH more powerful smoke and vapor. I just began on my non-disposable today. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU V2!!!