How To Get Exactly What You Want – Right Now
Date Posted: June 3, 2014
Life is a constant search for satisfaction. How do you find yours?
We all want stuff. Tangible things like the coolest ecigarettes, new cars and rare foods are fairly easy to acquire, especially if you have good decision-making skills and enough money. Intangible desires – like happiness, love and good health – take effort to achieve and diligence to maintain. But regardless of how big or small the desire, you can get nearly everything you want as long as you’re willing to work for it. Let’s talk about how.
In theory, getting what you want is simple: just define your desire, take the appropriate actions and repeat. The process and techniques are more complex.
Before achieving anything, you’ll have to get out of your own way. Here’s a simplified example of how your biggest obstacle is usually YOU. (We’re assuming that e-cigs top your list of desires, but you could substitute the word “ecig” with anything you want – i.e. beer, girlfriend/boyfriend, car, desk, job, etc.).
Don’t do this: You want a new ecig, so you analyze every single option with excruciating care and detail. You get stuck in analysis paralysis and decide to come back to it later. Too much time passes and you can’t wait any longer, so you hastily purchase the first e cigarette you find, forgoing the analysis this time. A process that could have taken less than an hour just cost you several days, weeks or even months. And you probably didn’t even get exactly what you wanted.
Do this instead: You want a new e cigarette , so you spend a few minutes picking out exactly what you want (from V2, of course!) and placing your order. After a short amount of time, you’re puffing away on a new electronic cigarette, content as can be.
Here are some more tips to help guide you in your quest for satisfaction:
1. Always have at least one of your e-cigs handy. Living can be hard work; knowing you have an e cigarette ready helps.
2. Acknowledge that getting what you want is not going to be a walk in the park.
3. Focus on the positives (I want this) instead of the negatives (I don’t want that).
4. When communicating, listen more than you speak. When you do speak, be confident and articulate; if you’re not sure what to say, don’t say anything. There’s truth to the old saying that “still waters run deep.”
5. Get support from others. Whether you’re asking an experienced colleague for advice or accepting your neighbor’s offer to drop off some groceries, it usually ends up being mutually beneficial (your colleague loves you for the ego boost and your neighbor gets an automatic invite to your Sunday BBQ).
6. Don’t give up. If you’re growing tired of doing something that will eventually lead to getting what you want, it’s OK to take a short break, but don’t stop! Completion is worth your endurance.
7. Remember that most struggles are mental and if you’re stuck, chances are, you’re the main person standing in your way.
Realistically, what do you want, right now? Whether your main focus for the moment is as simple as purchasing new accessories for your ecig, or as complex as finding overall happiness, there are things you can do to increase your chances of getting what you want. It just takes some hard work and an open mind.
How do you get what you want? Do you have any tips to share?